Thursday, June 22, 2006

Videos

It's a very warm June night here in Northern California, and it's too hot to sleep, so I'm straying from record reviews, and posting some awesome videos I just found, or have known about on you tube. I can't believe some of this stuff exists! It's pretty amazing...

Tall Dwarfs "The Brain That Wouldn't Die"
This song comes off a great New Zealand compilation entitled Tuatara. I first heard this song a few years ago off of that record, and it's been one of my favorites since. Other greats on that comp include the Gordons, the Clean and the Verlaines.



The Clean "Tally Ho"
Speaking of the Clean, they have a couple video's up. Here's "Tally Ho". Not one of my favorite songs- I'm more prone to "Getting Older", "Billy Two", "Anything Could Happen" and "Platypus", but still a neat watch.



The Boys "Weekend"
Another one of those cheesy power pop songs you can't help but love...



Beat Happening "Cry for a Shadow"
Another older, influential band. Here's one from Beat Happening!



Chrome "Meet You in the Subway"
This is hands down one of my favorite Chrome songs. This was taken from one of the Target videos. If you've yet to see any of those, they are a great series made in the Late 70s and 80s by Joe Reece in San Francisco who ran Target Video, and later covered punk, no wave, synthpunk and hardcore around the world, and got footage of several great bands including Devo, the Mutants, Bob, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, The Screamers, Tuxedo Moon and countless others.
(I wish there was more info on the internet about Target Video...)




No comments: