Saturday, September 02, 2006

Radio Playlist for 08/29/2006 + Radio Birdman!!



I kicked off last weeks' radio show with Australia's RADIO BIRDMAN, who was set to play the Great American Music Hall for the second date of their first ever US tour two days later. I was there, blown away. 25 years after they'd broken up, and they sounded amazing! A band I never thought I'd ever see live, and there I was, in San Francisco on a Thursday night, totally in awe. If you have a chance to see them, GO! Such greats as "Do the Pop", "Burn My Eye" and "Aloha" are not to be missed played live. They even covered "Search and Destroy!"

08.29.2006
Listen.
More.

Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve and Danno - Radios Appear - Sire 1978

Boys - Soda Pressing - Sick on You 7" - Vinyl Japan - 1977/1999
Buzzcocks - Fiction Romance - In a Different Kitchen - United-Artists 1978
Red Cross - Annette's Got the Hits - V/A Posh Hits Vol. 1 - Posh Boy 1983

Breakouts - In Vagueness Deal - In Vagueness Deal - Accelerator 1979
Simpletones - Don't Bother me - V/A Beach Blvd - Poshboy 1979
Gear Grinders - I Can't Pretend - I Can't Pretend - Chucklehead
Slugs - Problem Child - V/A Killed by Death #2 - Red Rum

Zero Boys - Civilizations Dying - Vicious Circle - Toxic Shock 1987
The Ralphs - Mass Confusion - Zeros No Ones - EV 2006
Endtables - Process of Elimination - V/A Bloodstains Across the Midwest - Bloodstains 1994
Snare and the Idiots - Political Song - Recycled Garbage E.P. - Slopfactor 1985
The Ralphs - The Whole World Causes Cancer - Zeros - No Ones - EV REcords 2006

Decay - Tonight - Tonight - S-S Records
Sixteens - This Knife - Split 12" w/ the Vanishing - GSL 2004
Digital Leather - Ruby Queen - Split 7" w/ Angry Angles - Shattered 2006
100 Flowers - I don't own my own heart - S/T - Happy Squid

Public Nuisance - Strawberry Man - Gotta Survive - Frantic 2002

No comments: